Sunday, March 4, 2012

Couch Update

It has been a while since I mentioned my old friend.... The Couch.  This corner trash pile find is starting to look like it has been given a new chance at life. 

It took a long time to find the fabric.  Eventually I chose a light blue with a very heavy weave.  I think the solid color and helps keep the focus on the fantastic shape of the couch while the heavy texture adds richness to the otherwise plain fabric.   


I am having a mental block about what to do with the trim.  I want a contrasting trim to highlight the shape and wood and also to keep the couch looking young and fresh.  I have been toying with a few ideas but nothing has really popped yet.  The picture to the left shows my most recent first place pattern.  








It is leftover fabric from a pair of these chairs which I recovered a few years ago.  Pretty amazing! 

Still, I am not convinced it is the right idea for the couch.  If I learned anything from the red chair that I recently featured, inspiration is worth waiting for if you want a really incredible final product. 

I feel like the right trim will really make this couch a unique showpiece and I can't wait to show you the final product when it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment