Thursday, December 8, 2011

Biting off more than I can chew....

At this moment, I am dedicating my life to two things.

First, my little 3 month old girl, Mae Elizabeth.


Second, this couch.  What a find!!

10 days before my due date I spotted this beauty in the neighbors trash and convinced my husband to drag it home for me. Trust me ladies, when you are a solid nine months pregnant, husbands will do almost anything for you!  And besides, with 4 months off of work I was on the prowl for a good project to keep me busy.  

As a new mom I had no idea how busy a tiny little baby could keep me!  I have been making slow progress, but as my maternity leave winds down, I am determined to finish this project before the end of the year!

After stripping off layers of disintegrating material and horsehair stuffing, and scrubbing the finish off the gorgeous trim the fun really began.  Take a look at this couch in its underwear.  Springs are back on, tied, and covered in burlap.  The trim and legs have been scrubbed, refinished and all glued back in the right places.

Meanwhile, stay tuned for my next step and all of the projects that distract me along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment